About Me

My photo
I am a Catholic wife and mother living in western New York State.

Meet the Family

  • DoorMan - Husband and Dad, extremely talented garage door guy
  • B - budding new media evangelist, avid reader, soccer lover, boy age 14
  • B - karate white belt and lover of Legos, boy age 8
  • MAB - me: wife, mom, homemaker, and more

Followers


View My Stats

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day Book, Last Week of April 2009

Outside my window ...
we have a groundhog living in our yard, under the shed. BamBam saw him first and declared he had seen a beaver! I'm torn between naming him Chuck or Grady.

I am listening to...
the very quiet hum of my iMac's fan. The boys are asleep, that's why I can hear it.

To be healthy and happy...
we took a walk yesterday. Such beautiful weather!

I am thankful for ...
everything!

From the kitchen ...
came pancakes this morning. Not usually seen on a weekday, and probably won't be again for a long time.

I am wearing ...
my old blue-and-green floral shirt which I don't like. My boys were both telling me at bedtime how much they love it. BamBam remembered me carrying him when he was a toddler and him putting his hand in the pocket. Arch claims he likes it "because I grew up with it."

I am creating ...
weekly lesson plans for Arch for the sixth grade. Most of the books are here, except math. After that, I'll move on to the kindergarten plans for BamBam.

On my iTunes...
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Bringing beauty to my home ...
with flowers hand picked for my by BamBam. Lots and lots of dandelions to brighten up the dining room table.

I am reading ...
The Wisdom of Father Dowling, which is a collection of short stories all previously published. I am also reading an advanced reading copy of a biography of Mother Teresa. I have promised to review it, and I'll post my review here when I'm done.

I recently watched ...
an absolutely antique Alfred Hitchcock movie I had never even heard of before. Blackmail, filmed in 1929. He was still in his London period. The cinematography was amazing for what it was. The first few scenes were completely silent aside for the soundtrack! Thanks to Big Jim for giving us the video.

I am hoping and praying ...
that the business continues to grow, despite the economy. We had good news this week, with the addition of at least two new commercial customers.

On keeping home ...
I have to weed the front garden on the next sunny day. The downstairs must be spiffed up tomorrow because the lady is coming to cut my hair in the afternoon. It's mostly just cluttered.

One of my favorite things ...
piles of clean folded laundry. I just wish it would stay clean and folded!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
include co-op, baseball, track-and-field and serving at Mass for Arch. Story hour for BamBam, Holy Name Society for DoorMan. And me? I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow, and being treated to a mother / child breakfast at church after Mass on Sunday.

Picture thoughts
My daffodils, which I believed had frozen to death before they bloomed. They made it after all!

No comments:

Blog Visits

Current Book

Interesting Articles

Live Traffic Feed