About Me

My photo
I am a Catholic wife and mother living in western New York State.

Meet the Family

  • DoorMan - Husband and Dad, extremely talented garage door guy
  • B - budding new media evangelist, avid reader, soccer lover, boy age 14
  • B - karate white belt and lover of Legos, boy age 8
  • MAB - me: wife, mom, homemaker, and more

Followers


View My Stats

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day Book, Second Week of May 2009

Outside my window ...
the groundhog (Groundy) made an appearance today while the sky was dark with storm clouds. He was laying next to the shed taking in the neighborhood.

I am listening to...
BamBam humming and a lawn mower somewhere nearby, maybe Paul?

To be healthy and happy...
I had my eyes examined and am getting bifocals. Yes, I am an old woman.

I am thankful for ...
customers!

From the kitchen ...
Brownies, lots of brownies. I baked a double batch and am sending a bunch to the Buffalo Catholic Homeschool Conference this Saturday.

I am wearing ...
what was formerly a nice yellow short-sleeved tee. It is now grease-stained from moving old garage door sections out of the gusty wind this afternoon.

I am creating ...
homeschool plans for next year, still.

On my iTunes...
lately I am loving Dire Straits and REO Speedwagon. Reliving my teen / college years.

Bringing beauty to my home ...
hmmmm. I need to work on this one!

I am reading ...
The Night Watchman. I am reading an advance reading copy (ARC) to review for LibraryThing. I review books as a hobby. Also, The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, aloud to the boys.

I recently watched ...
The original Stuart Little with Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie.

I am hoping and praying ...
for all to go smoothly here on Saturday in my absence.

On keeping home ...
I am working on getting more sleep, to get more done.

One of my favorite things ...
is the semi-annual library book sale. Ours just happens to be tomorrow at ten. I'll be there with a pocket full of money!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
include the library book sale, Arch's final track-and-field camp, the BCHS on Saturday, and a blissfully empty calendar on Sunday.

Picture thoughts
"Juxtaposition of life and death."

No comments:

Blog Visits

Current Book

Interesting Articles

Live Traffic Feed