About Me

My photo
I am a Catholic wife and mother living in western New York State.

Meet the Family

  • DoorMan - Husband and Dad, extremely talented garage door guy
  • B - budding new media evangelist, avid reader, soccer lover, boy age 14
  • B - karate white belt and lover of Legos, boy age 8
  • MAB - me: wife, mom, homemaker, and more

Followers


View My Stats

Monday, May 19, 2008

Daybook: Third Week in May

HT The Simple Woman

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window
...we saw a baby starling, still all fluffy and downy sitting on our porch railing this morning.

I am thinking...of all of the things I need to get done, and how I may manage to do them.

I am thankful for...our home and the fact that we are debt-free and have managed to pay the rent every month.

From the kitchen...the BRAT diet for BamBam, see my previous post.

I am creating...a preschool storytime for our homeschool coop next fall.

I am going...to a curriculum fair tomorrow night, Lord willing.

I am wearing...black skirt, blue 3/4 sleeve top.

I am reading...Victor Kugler: the Man Who Hid Anne Frank

I am hoping...a smooth finish to the school year. We only have Religion, Latin and History to go!

I am hearing...Arch and BamBam horsing around in the living room. "Now, I'm in this fort and you're in that fort, and..."

Around the house...the hostas we planted last year are coming up. They are my favorite perennial. My grandmother had them in Brooklyn when I was a little girl. I have always planted them when I could.

One of my favorite things...strawberries and cream for dessert.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...schedule showings for my landlord (I am his property manager); go to the curriculum fair; finish up Religion with Arch; go to the produce market in the next county; go to the library.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The "rocket boys" doing science, launching homemade film-canister rockets with Alka-Seltzer.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook and I hope you are having a great week!
~Kelli

Blog Visits

Current Book

Interesting Articles

Live Traffic Feed